WolframAlpha CLI interface

I've reworked one of my old shell scripts: the WolframAlpha commandline interface. This client uses the free WolframAlpha API. You can get your own API key at https://developer.wolframalpha.com/portal/apisignup.html (you need it in order to use this script as I'm not giving away my own key). After you've registered your key, put it into script's config section. Here goes a little screenshot to show you the looks of this script interface:
Hope it will be of some use to somebody ;). As always, the sources are in my Github repo.

6 comments:

  1. Love you script.. colors aren't working for me.. I'm assuming its an issue on my end.. but wouldn't mind some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it give some errors or strange looking text? It works for me on multiple machines/environments, so I've no idea what could be wrong with it. What happens is you paste this into your shell?

    echo -e `echo test | sed 's!test!\\\x1b[1;36m&\\\x1b[0m!g'`

    It should output the word "test" in light-blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice script! But the output is a mess on my Cygwin (Mintty, Zsh). I'm new to the unix style and have no idea how the color code works. Could you give some hint please?

    I've test $ echo -e `echo test | sed 's!test!\\\x1b[1;36m&\\\x1b[0m!g'` and got "test" in #DFDFFD, which is light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a sample output: http://pastebin.com/1p4H7ggh

    ReplyDelete
  5. change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash to fix the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It prints just an empty line for me

    ReplyDelete